New Mexico Proposed EHB Benchmark Plan for 2022 PY
- 2022 Essential Health Benefits (EHB) Actuarial Report
- 2022 Essential Health Benefits (EHB) Actuarial Certificate
- 2022 New Mexico Essential Health Benefits (EHB) Benchmark Plan Benefits and Limits
- 2022 Essential Health Benefits (EHB) State Substitition Notification
- 2022 Essential Health Benefits (EHB) Benchmark Plan Formulary Drug List
- Confirmations on the State EHB-Benchmark Plan
Qualified Health Plan Submission Information
Office of Superintendent of Insurance has the regulatory responsibility for licensing Qualified Health Plan (QHP) issuers and the regulatory responsibility of form and rate compliance.
You can follow the Health Reform Timeline for a general overview of the Health Reform.
For Carriers submitting Qualified Health Plans for review:
Similar to the QHP certification process in previous years, the New Mexico Office of Superintendent (NMOSI) will conduct reviews of qualified health plans (QHPs) and stand-alone dental plans (SADPs) and provide to CMS the determinations for the current year. NMOSI evaluates health and dental plans against QHP and SADP certification standards as part of the state’s traditional regulatory role for the insurance industry and/or enforcement of Title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act (PHS Act), or otherwise for state purpose.
2022 ACA Timeline
The New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange (NMHIX) released 2022 Letter to Issuers participating in New Mexico’s state-based exchange (the “beWellnm System”), which includes the 2022 Plan Year QHP submission timeline. The letter and timeline are posted on the beWellnm website and can be viewed here.
Rate Decrease Information
The Superintendent of Insurance allows for rate changes in the small group market outside of the submission window under the following conditions:
- The small group plan is sold off-exchange only; meaning the small group plan cannot be mirrored to a plan sold on the exchange.
- The overall rate impact of the filing is a decrease
- No policyholder is receiving a rate increase (i.e. all individual rate changes must be decreased or stay neutral).
New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange Information
General Carrier Assistance for QHP and SADP plans:
- SERFF templates for Submission
- The New Mexico Qualified Health Plan Submission Guide
- Qualified Health and Dental Plans
- Student Plan Submission Guidelines
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) for QHP Requirements can be found here: QHP FAQ.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) for Pediatric Dental & Vision Requirements can be found here Dental-Vision FAQ.
QHP and SADP Life & Health Rate and Form Filing Bureau Assistance for Carriers
- Individual Form Guidelines
- Group Form Guidelines
- Pediatric Vision Checklist
- Pediatric Dental Checklist
- EHB Benchmark
QHP and SADP forms and rates are submitted via System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF)
QHP and SADP Company Licensing Bureau Assistance for Carriers:
- Certificate of Authority information can be found under our Company Licensing Bureau