Insurance License Exam Information
Office of Superintendent of Insurance has contracted with Prometric to conduct its examination program. Prometric provides computerized testing through the multistate Prometric Testing Network.
Individuals may schedule their examinations with Prometric either online or by telephone. Instructions for scheduling examinations are posted on Prometric’s website.
Direct questions and requests for information about exams to:
7941 Corporate Drive
Nottingham, MD 21236
Possible Reimbursement for Veterans
Qualifying veterans may be eligible for reimbursement of the cost of the exam from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The reimbursement form (VA form 22-0803) and additional information about Licensing and Certification Testing can be found on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. Please follow the instructions on the form on how to file your claim. If you have questions or need assistance with the form, call the VA toll-free at 1-888-442-4551.
Apply for Your License
- Once you have passed your license exam, you can apply for your insurance license.
- You must submit license applications through the NIPR electronic licensing system at www.nipr.com
- If you answer “Yes” to a background question on the application, submit your written statement accompanied by corresponding official court documents using the Attachments Warehouse.
- New Mexico residents and anyone designating New Mexico as the home state (DHS) must be fingerprinted as part of the application process. The FBI and DPS will send fingerprint results electronically to the Producer Licensing Bureau.
- Independent and Public Adjusters must submit a $10,000 surety bond. The bond must be received within 10 days from the date of application.
Please note that your license application will be considered as incomplete and will not be processed if not all the above items are on file with the Producer Licensing Bureau upon review of your application.